The main activities promoted by SDSN Mediterranean focus on:
- providing collaborative research and joint networking solutions initiatives for the promotion and implementation of the UN Agenda 2030
- developing innovative and quality teaching and training on Sustainable Development
- enhancing dissemination, exploitation and outreach of thematic results among the Mediterranean countries, universities, policy makers, businesses, private sector and NGOs
- supporing and encouraging the youth engagement on the SDGs
- implementing Education for Sustainable Development tools with a MOOC on Sustainable Food Systems in the Mediterranean Area, a research project on the role of Higher Education in Sustainable Development, workshops, Summers Schools and Teacher Training Courses on Sustainability issues.
The roles of the Regional Centre also include the coordination of the activities promoted within the Mediterranean area and the mobilisation of all SDSN Members of the centre.
Countries and territories included in the network are: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
SDSN Mediterranean is also part of the Steering Commitee of the Mediterranean Commission for the Sustainable Development of the UN Environmental Programme – Mediterranean Action Plan (UNEP – MAP).