SDSN Youth Mediterranean is looking for a new Network Coordinator to lead our team of volunteers and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs in the region
SDSN Youth Mediterranean is the regional team of volunteers of SDSN Youth for the Mediterranean area, gathering 80 youth member organizations from over 16 countries. It is supported by SDSN Mediterranean, both based in Siena (Italy) and hosted by the Santa Chiara Lab Research and Innovation Center (University of Siena).
We operate within the global goal of SDSN Youth to inspire, engage and mobilize young people to become active agents in achieving sustainable development, through education, networking, and cooperation. We focus specifically on the Mediterranean region, and support the work of young local sustainability entrepreneurs, encouraging networking and partnerships for further sustainable solutions.
About the Role
The Network Coordinator (NC) is the official manager and representatives of SDSN Youth within their Regional/ National SDSN Network. The NC is a key position in understanding the state of youth mobilization towards the SDGs in their given region – acting as the key local point of contact for anything youth and SDG related in their region/country.
Tasks entail the creation of initiatives that localize SDSN’s purpose and drive action on SDGs in a regional scale and scope. NCs focus on engaging local stakeholders towards operationalizing the SDGs. They directly report their output and performance metrics to the Network Manager and the Regional Focal Point.
The NC manages, oversees, and coordinates the local SDSN Youth network of volunteers, program members, stakeholders, and external partnerships.
You are (mandatory requirements):
- Based in the Mediterranean region for at least 12 months after the application date
- A master or PhD student, or young professional at the University of Siena or Santa Chiara Lab (Siena, Italy)
- Aged between 21 – 30 years old
- Fluent in English (that’s our working language!)
- Able to work remotely in a multicultural environment
- Able to commit for about 5-6 hours per week and for a minimum of 1 year
You have (bonus points):
- Previous experience in student/youth leadership
- A great interest in sustainable development, and passion about the mission of SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- Some form of either professional or volunteer work experience, particularly with campaigning, community mobilization, project coordination, event management or stakeholder engagement
Our organization welcomes anybody regardless of their ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. In case of special needs, we are willing to find the best solution to make you feel comfortable volunteering with us.