SDSN Youth Mediterranean is looking for innovative projects in the agri-food sector for the Mediterranean Youth Solutions Report 2022
After the first Mediterranean Youth Solutions Report published in March 2022, SDSN Youth Mediterranean, in collaboration with SDSN Youth and SDSN Mediterranean, is launching a call for projects for the second edition of our regional report.
Inspired by the Youth Solutions Report annually published by the Youth Solutions Program of SDSN Youth, our Report will once again collect youth-led and youth-focused sustainability projects from the Mediterranean area.
This year, the focus will be on innovation in the agri-food sector.
The agri-food sector plays an essential role in the social and economic well-being of Mediterranean countries. It has strong impact and connections to climate change, environmental, social and economic sustainability. Technical, organizational and social innovation are considered among the major drivers for the sustainable transformation of the Agri-food Systems. We want to highlight the role of youth as innovators in this field, showcasing success stories and the skills they bring to the table, especially in terms of digitalization and new technologies.
This second edition of our regional Report will address students, young innovators, entrepreneurs, and researchers specifically from the Mediterranean region, in order to identify, display, and celebrate transformative, youth-led solutions projects that are contributing or will contribute to achieving the UN 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement.
- The project must be youth-led and/or youth-focused
- It is open to students, young innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers, organizations, and businesses
- The project must be located in the Mediterranean region
- Projects must have been operational for at least 3 months
- The person leading the project should be preferably under 30 years old (proposals from older applicants will be accepted based on the relevance of the project). It will be considered a preferential title if the whole team working on the project is under 30 years old.
- Relevance of the challenge addressed
- Innovative character of the solution (in terms of product, process or organizational matters)
- Current or potential impact
- Integrated approach to the SDGs