SDSN Youth Mediterranean is looking for volunteers all over the Mediterranean region to join the team and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs
SDSN Youth Mediterranean is the regional team of volunteers of SDSN Youth for the Mediterranean area, gathering 80 youth member organizations from over 16 countries. It is supported by SDSN Mediterranean, both based in Siena (Italy) and hosted by the Santa Chiara Lab Research and Innovation Center (University of Siena).
We operate within the global goal of SDSN Youth to inspire, engage and mobilize young people to become active agents in achieving sustainable development, through education, networking, and cooperation. We focus specifically on the Mediterranean region, and support the work of young local sustainability entrepreneurs, encouraging networking and partnerships for further sustainable solutions.
Roles and tasks
We are looking for someone to join our team in the following positions:
- Social media manager: manage our social media channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Content creator/graphic designer: create visuals for our social media
- Operations/administrative support: take care of the administrative tasks (email accounts, meetings, internal communications, etc.), liaison person with SDSN Mediterranean
- Membership manager: manage our network of Member Organizations (update our database, keep contacts with them, organize networking events)
- Events, partnerships and fundraising (two people): look out for projects call-outs, grants and other sources of fundraising, apply to or plan (international) events, set up possible collaborations with internal and external partners
- Researcher/editor: draft reports on relevant topics for the organization, write articles for the website
Don’t get scared off by these technical terms! We are mostly looking for someone who is willing to learn, and you can always benefit from the support of the whole team.
- Aged between 20 and 30
- Preferably based in the Mediterranean region
- A student or young professional/researcher
- Fluent in English (that’s our working language!)
- Passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals
- Able to work remotely in a multicultural environment
- Able to commit for about 3-4 hours per week and for a minimum of 6 months
Our organization welcomes anybody regardless of their ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. In case of special needs, we are willing to find the best solution to make you feel comfortable volunteering with us.
Join the team, apply here.