As an integral part of the SDG E-Conference “Towards Zero Hunger: Partnerships for Impact”, the Foodathon is a special competition organized by the University of Wageningen to get students and young professionals engaged with SDG 2 Zero Hunger. The Foodathon will not only take place in Wageningen, but will also be hosted online and made accessible to youth worldwide.
If you are a student or a young professional, challenge yourself, participate in the Dutch e-conference competition from the University of Siena at Santa Chiara Lab.
36 hours of time in which exchange knowledge, share experiences and work in teams to create solutions to global challenges related to the agri-food topic and SDG 2 Zero Hunger.
If you are interested in joining the competition, create your own team or propose yourself individually to become part of a group!
Online participation is free.
Contact us: by June 22th
Online registration: by June 30th
Application acceptance; by July 15th
Competition: from 8:00 am on August 30th to 5:30 pm on August 31st
At Santa Chiara Lab, – University of Siena, Address: Via Valdimontone, 1 – 53100 Siena
The themes of the Foodathon are:
- Policy coherence for food production;
- Food security and genetic diversity;
- Sustainable Dietary patterns;
- Rural-urban linkages for food security;
- Financing Mechanisms to achieve Zero Hunger;
- Circular Food Systems.
Or contact the local organizers at the following email addresses:
- Stefania Toraldo email@example.com
- Massimo Gigliotti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giulia Nicolini email@example.com